Welcome to the world of voice! While writing is an excellent skill to build story structure, speaking is way faster, direct, and on the spot. In retrospect, I think that I developed speaking skills much earlier than writing and realized how powerful speech can be. My podcast is a way to capture the fleeting nature of spoken words and distribute them with the powers of the Internets!
Listen to all episodes via Captivate Player
Nerd on Tour Podcast trailer
Hi! I’m Piotrek Bodera and this is Nerd on Tour Podcast for digital nomads. Since 2005 I’ve been working in tourism and web development around the globe. Here I combine the best bits of the Internet, long-term traveling, and decentralization.
Each episode unlocks wisdom through the power of thoughtful conversation
My guests are fascinating personalities – vagabonds, developers, artists, entrepreneurs, free spirits, technologists. Together, we explore unique ways of life that will expand your autonomy.
Listen to the Nerd on Tour Podcast for free in your preferred podcast app.
Here on this site – nerdontour.net – you can access show notes, compelling blog posts, and specialized digital nomad services.
Where can I listen to the Nerd on Tour Podcast?
The podcast is hosted and automatically distributed by Captivate.fm. They support all the major podcasts services. Keep in mind that podcast distribution is based on open RSS standards, therefore it’s possible to use any software that reads RSS – e.g. Feedly.
Major podcast services
My podcast hosting service supports the Podcast Index initiative which means that the show should be visible in all podcasts apps. Still, if you can’t find it in your favorite service – please email me.
List of all Nerd on Tour Podcast episodes
- Dirk Delisse – Licensed Online Therapist & Yoga Teacher practicing Flexible LivingDirk Delisse is a peaceful human being that combines his love for punk rock, yoga, traveling, and helping other people. As a licensed online therapist for the Dutch healthcare system, he works remotely from sunny spots around the globe. Flexible Living is the way of life he practices and teaches in the online course, that’s designed for people looking for their values. Listen to our cheerful conversation to learn more.
- Elaine & Kevin – mindful hosts of The Hatchery Place coliving in Kuala LumpurFor the first time, I have two guests at once – Elaine Wong and Kevin Yeoh. They are the most generous hosts of The Hatchery Place. It’s a very cozy coliving space, where I lived between October 2019 and September 2020. They transitioned from corporate careers to the world of arts and crafts, where Hatchery is a central place of their varied activities. Together we talk about long-term traveling, authentic connections, and building a healthy coliving community. Learn more in this uplifting episode of the Nerd on Tour Podcast.
- Benjamin Lupton – open-source developer widens perspective through long-term travel and philosophyThe third episode of the Nerd on Tour Podcast is here! This time fellow digital nomad from Perth in Australia is my guest. Ben is cheerful yet contemplating developer and community builder. He dropped NDA work offers at Facebook and Google to stay true to the open-source movement. His travels include long-distance hitchhiking in Australia, truly befriending Balinese locals, and experiencing hippy culture in Berlin. Learn about him and his thought-provoking projects in this episode.
- Guillaume Lorain – Blogger that combines traveling solo and creating profitable websitesNerd on Tour Podcast continues! For the second episode, I invited Guillaume Lorain – a digital nomad from France. He’s running a sustainable network of French blogs and provide web dev consulting. Microsoft branch in Paris was the place where Guillaume started, later on establishing his location-independent freelance gigs. That resulted in a great journey around the Australian coast and visits to South-East Asia. Listen to our conversation in this exciting episode!
- Fajar Siddiq – From Pro Yo-Yo to Digital Nomad – Thoughtful Leader in the Maker CommunityThis is the very first deep conversation recorded for the Nerd on Tour Podcast. I couldn’t ask for a better guest than Fajar Siddiq. A known influencer in the Maker Community, who is always there for you to support, provide feedback and help to get customers for your bootstrapped project. Fajar lives in the culturally dense and diverse Singapore and whenever possible he’s visiting nearby countries with his laptop and yo-yo. Let’s dig into the digital nomad topics with Fajar Siddiq!
Second podcast channel that’s in Polish
As a native speaker of Polish language I decided to create a second podcast channel called “W Podróży” (on tour). It’s not a translation of my English recordings. Podcast “W Podróży” is also a conversation-style but with intriguing personalities who speak Polish. Enjoy!
What is a podcast?
Remember the iPod? No worries, you don’t have to. At the time it was the most trendy thing in the USA. Back then I have been living in Poland – one of these regions that were dominated by (illegal) MP3 files and very few people was interested in listening to anything else than music.
A podcast is a term we use to describe any audio recordings, much like on a radio station but distributed over the Internet. The technology and the name itself were created between 2000 and 2004, but Apple’s portable music player iPod made podcasting mainstream in English-speaking countries.
After about two decades podcasts are becoming a global phenomenon. It’s never been easier to record, publish and listen to podcasts in a variety of languages and topics. Almost any device allows now to browse, download or stream an increasing catalog of audio recordings.
How to support the Nerd on Tour Podcast?
👋 Hey there! I treat the Internet as a giant and ever-evolving physical space. It takes a lot of time to explore it and find real gems. Therefore, when I’m very satisfied with my findings I recommend them to others. Many of these products/services offer a commission via affiliate links. Of course, feel free to research and look for them your way. Still, if you decide to use my affiliate link – I’m very grateful for your support. Thanks to you I can further develop the Nerd on Tour website and podcast.
How Nerd on Tour Podcast is recorded and produced?
- Microphone – Audio-Technica ATR2100-USB
- Headphones for audio feedback – Apple EarPods
- Recording “studio” – wherever I’m currently nomading – NomadList
- Postproduction – Hindenburg Journalist PRO
- Web-based postproduction – Auphonic
- Podcast hosting & distribution – Captivate.fm
- Intro music – AudioJungle
- Website hosting – Zenbox.pl
- Website CMS – self-hosted WordPress